For 2021, our team is going to ditch the "New Year, New Me" thing. This year we are going to focus on the "Same You, New Strategies" mentality.
2020 goes down in the history books as one of the most challenging years to be a dental business owner.
You had to deal with HR challenges without the proper HR training while trying to support a team that was feeling just as overwhelmed and stressed as you were.
With a new year upon us comes: changes, new strategies and new opportunities!
Each year, the field of Human Resources is inundated with numerous compliance and regulatory changes that must be updated within the workplace. At the start of every year, here at Stream Dental HR, we start off with a giant compliance update where we go through each and every document that we provide to our clients to ensure that all are up to gold-star standards!
So how do we stay on top of changes as they are published? How do we know and understand the changes? And most importantly, how do we implement these changes within the workplace?
Here are some of our 6 most effective steps for staying compliant:
- Step 1: Bookmark your regional (provincial or state level) government pages where legislation updates are posted.
- Step 2: Read legislation updates as they are posted. If you don’t understand the legislation, reach out to an HR professional or employment lawyer who can help you to understand how the updates to legislation affect you.
- Step 3: Cross check updates with your documents, policies and protocols that are in place. Does anything need to be updated? If so, prep any updates for roll out.
- Step 4: If updates are needed, prepare your New Policy Memo’s to your team so that they understand when the updates come into effect and if or how it will change their working conditions.
- Step 5: Have a meeting to discuss the changes to your policies, documents or protocols and give your team a chance to ask questions to ensure that they understand how these changes will affect their working conditions.
- Step 6: Ensure that all documents have been updated and filed appropriately.
And then at the end of the year we replicate this whole process again!
It is A LOT of work, but it's something that can NOT be missed. It’s important to stay on top of these changes because they can severely impact your practice and your bottom line.
If you would like to see the changes to Canadian Federal and Provincial Legislation for 2021 Click here. And of course if you have any questions regarding these changes please feel free to get in touch and book a virtual coffee with us anytime. We Are here to help!