How has 2020 been for you so far? If you are like most of us, your stress level went from a 4 to a solid 10 at some points.
We have all been feeling the effects of the pandemic/lockdown and even post lock down, we are seeing a new thing that is being called “Covid Stress”. As the numbers of confirmed Coronavirus cases increased, so did the levels of stress and depression!
Now that most of us are back at work, you may still notice some lingering effects of that stress. We all know that stress in the workplace is a serious issue. It can negatively affect employee health, which causes a decrease in productivity and profits.
Providing your team with the means to decrease job stress is beneficial all around.
Since everyone has been feeling the effects of what has been going on, it’s time to find ways to re-energize your staff.
Here are some little things that can have a huge impact on lifting morale within your practice!
- Reinforce the the vision!- It’s easy for the team to lose sight of what they are trying to achieve and why, particularly if they have been working together for a long time. Make sure people understand the bigger corporate picture — why we do what we do — and have a clear idea of how the work they are doing fits in.
- Set goals and celebrate the wins!- Whether big or small, it calls for a celebration!
- Honor special occasions- Welcome everyone and celebrate every new hire. Acknowledge special occasions, such as birthdays, work anniversaries etc.
- Promote the team's success- There’s nothing like recognition for a job well done to boost people’s morale.
- Get the team Involved!- Find opportunities to involve the team in decision-making processes!
- Be a role model for your team!- Step back and have an honest self-appraisal about the level of support, you are giving the team. Are they feeling demotivated because you are never there or so busy you don’t have time to listen to their concerns?
We are all dealing with stress in some form or another and re-energizing you and your team doesn’t have to involve anything over the top. Sometimes it’s the little things that have the greatest impact.
Now, more than ever is the time to be there for your team. If you are there for them, they will reciprocate and work harder for you.
Have you checked out our updated website? We offer Communication workshops and different ways on how we can help you and your practice.